Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Family Love

Remember my post about how far I feel apart from my family now?
Then all that recent posts about missing my family and all.

It always takes crazy things in your life to truly understand what is important.
I love my family, a lot, really.
Despite their almost non-physical existence,
The care and concern they have for me is undeniable and almost unbelievable.

When pain, hurt and everything bad are inflicted on me,
When my world is falling apart,
When I feel that I can no longer shoulder my burdens.
There is always still my family.

My family, the same family that will always be there for me
No matter what.
I thank God everyday for them now.
The care and love for me will always be there.
May happiness and peace be with them all always..:)

Unlike some pple in your life,
They come and they leave as they please.
Sometimes by choice, others by circumstances.
Whatever it is, always know that there will always be your family to be your pillar of support.

You need to learn how to share your burden at times.
If there is one thing that K taught me, it was to appreciate my family.
I saw how close he was to his family.
That set me wondering, thinking why I was not like that with my family.

His closeness to his sister, his mom, his dad and his brother.
How much sacrifices he is willing to make for them.
How much he loves them.

I don’t know,
Even though he was so nasty to me.
I don’t deny that in the short time being with him,
I learnt a lot,
A lot more than I would have expected to.

Yes, he has so much more to learn relationships-wise.
But nevertheless, he made me realise the importance of my family.
By he not being there, I found new pillars of strength; my family.
The almost invisible, forgotten strengths,

My cousins.
I miss them like crazy.
I like how they are not surface like K’s so called friends.
I vaguely remembered some phrases that hurt me so much,
When his friends commented on his ‘singles’ status
Saying things like oh welcome to the hot singles’ club and what single and ready to mingle.
Things like that.. is just..
Just uncalled for.
I call that immaturity.

Pple who really care for you will..like my cousins, will go like
Hugs.
Whatever the situation is, you know those are moments of true support.
Whether of not I was the one being hurt or not.

So definitely, my cousins’ level and his so called friends’ level as worlds apart.
This is what you call, the thoughts of maturity and just plain immaturity.

Candice will call this ridiculous,
When the public persona not reflecting what he feels.
But like she always say, guys will be guys.
They will never show you their weak, soft side unless they care.

So here is me, truly wishing K good luck.
His new gal will have big shoes to fill.
The shoes that I have chosen to leave behind.

No comments: