Friday, January 21, 2011

The beauty of..hair..and woes

The beauty of having long long long hair is
There is really not much need to upkeep your cut.
Although my conditioner seems to be depleting at an incredible pace!

This is probably the longest I have kept my hair for years.
The last time I remembered, the longest was during high school.
Secondary 3, with my hair at my waist.
And yes, I chopped it all off
For this guy who was my good friend and seating partner then,
Decided that he wanted to keep touching it.
Being uncomfortable, instead of asking him to stop it
I cut it off.
LOL. I know..-.-

Many have asked me how I kept my hair this long.
Usual comments were that it looked healthy and well-kept.
LOL..the irony

Remembered just a few years back
Just literally 2 years back, my hair was like grass
Over perming+ over dying= grass
And yes, I had red permed hair for the longest time (5 years I think)
I know it is hard to imagine with me having such long naturally straight dark hair now.
Let’s just said that we all grow up at some point.

When I went back for my graduation at UWA
I remembered vividly, my friends asking me what I did to my hair
How it managed to change so drastically over such a short period of time.
I just replied. Rest
Nothing is better than tonnes of water and rest.

Also, I stopped ill-treating my tresses and let them grow.
Don’t get me wrong.
I do get bad hair days and to be honest, they are all the time..haha
And yes, I do get scalp problems too.
The most recent, it peeling (yes, like again)
I actually went to see a doctor this time and he prescribed me with some lotion
Issue? It was stress..haha
Even my hair knows that I am experiencing big issues in my life now.

The trick to good and healthy hair will be regular trims.
Trimming regularly will ensure that you do not get weird kinky ends or split ends
To be honest, I never do really get split ends,
But I do get weird ends all the time so I get my hair trimmed at least once a month..
Usually snipping off the ends with a good kitchen scissors (or work scissors when I am bored)

TGIF!
Welcoming the weekies with big wide open arms..

No comments: